Friday, April 6, 2012

Favorite Alphabet Books - Superhero ABC by Bob McLeod

Copyright © 2006 by Bob McLeod

Superhero ABC is an alphabet book with an original superhero showcasing each letter.  I have mentioned previously that I am not a big fan of ABC books and rarely read or purchase them - I always desire a plot in the stories I read to my kids. Superhero ABC, however, is one of three exceptions to my rule.  I bought it, and I am always eager to read it. It is a fun way for kids to learn their ABCs because what child does not love superheros. The illustrations are  large, slick, vivid and zany. The descriptions following the introduction of each superhero has great vocabulary words that your child will incorporate into their everyday speech.


There are also two personal reasons that this book appeals to me.  First, there are several female superheros included, which is important for me as the mother of two sons AND a daughter.  Second, one of the superheros, Astro-Man,  has asthma, as does my eldest child.  My son feels different because he is the only one in the family with the condition, so it is always great to see someone with asthma doing cool things! 
Superhero ABC travels in the car with us because my 6, 4 and 3 year old are very fond of it and pass the book back and forth.  If you are searching for a book that is both fun to read and educational, Superhero ABC just might be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment